The library of the Regional Church Office is a public authority library of the Evangelical Lutheran Regional Church of Hanover and also a special library for theology and church.
The collection comprises approx. 160,000 volumes and 440 current periodicals.
The most important collection areas are:
– Theology and Church Practice
– Church History of Lower Saxony
– History of ecclesiastical art
– canon law
– Literature on the Church Struggle in the NS Period
– Theological Controversial Literature of the 17th and 18th Centuries
– Library of the Chief Consistorial Councillor Heinrich Philipp Sextro (1746-1838)
Most of the library is housed in the historic “Fürstenhof”, which is connected to the regional church office by a corridor.
The library is available free of charge to anyone interested.